Making a Difference One Student at at Time
Joplin High School is proud to be a designated A+ School! Students who graduate from a Missouri A+ School may qualify to receive financial assistance for tuition and fees to attend Missouri community colleges or vocational-technical schools. A+ students may also apply to receive A+ scholarships from various Missouri 4-year colleges.
Joplin High School students are eligible for these incentives if they meet the following requirements:
- Attend a designated A+ School for three consecutive years prior to graduation
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale at graduation
- Score proficient or advanced on the Algebra I EOC exam (beginning with the class of 2015)
- Have at least 95% attendance (less than 35 days missed in 4 years of attendance)
- Perform 50 hours unpaid tutoring or mentoring, of which up to 25% (12 hours) may include job shadowing
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs or alcohol
- Attend a Missouri community college or post-secondary vocational-technical school on a full-time basis and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher
The A+ program may provide these educational incentives provided state funds are appropriated by the legislature and is subject to state funding approval.
More information about the A+ Schools Program at Joplin High School can be found in the A+ Manual and by using the links below. Should you have any questions about the program, please contact Sue Day, A+ Coordnator, at 417-625-5230, ext 3005.